Male Sexual Dysfunction • P-shot
The Priapus-Shot® is an innovative, non-surgical treatment that helps repair aging or injured erectile tissue and improves Peyronie’s disease and erectile function.
The Priapus-Shot® is an innovative, non-surgical treatment that helps repair aging or injured erectile tissue and improves Peyronie’s disease and erectile function. Located in Camas, Washington, Dr. Jennifer Stebbing DO provides safe and effective treatment for impotence using the P-Shot. Dr. Stebbing specializes in a number of treatments that promote healing and function throughout the body. To find out if you are a candidate for the P-Shot, book an appointment by phone or online today.
Who is a great candidate?
A man who uses Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, or Staxyn with good success is the optimal candidate.
The benefit of the P-Shot is dependent on the health of the recipient and the degree of dysfunction or injury. If the recipient is overweight, for example, or has high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease, the P-Shot may not be as effective, or may require more than one treatment. The use of NSAIDS (Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Naprosyn, Diclofenac, Celebrex, etc.) impedes the healing process, and should not be used following the P-Shot.
What are the benefits of the P-shot?
The reported benefits of the P-Shot include:
- Increased firmness of erection
- Enlarged penis
- Increased circulation within the penis
- Increased sensation and pleasure
- Increased sexual stamina
- Straightened penis
- Improved effectiveness of oral medications (Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn)
- Improved or resolved urinary incontinence
- Improved or resolved prostate discomfort
What can I expect during and after treatment?
The treatment is preformed using topical anesthetic and sometimes a nerve block. Dr Stebbing also has Nitrous Oxide available. This should help with any nervousness or anxiety you have about the procedure and further reduce your concern about pain. The injections are done with very small needles in specific locations. It can be done within 15 minutes if the anatomy is normal. After the procedure once the anesthesia has worn off, the penis will bruise and feel slightly swollen. This usually lasts a day. In some people it may last 3-5. We will use the pump immediately after the procedure. Then you will continue to use the pump twice each day for the next 2 months. If for any reason you can’t use the pump each day, we should schedule the procedure for another time.
Why use a penile pump?
The success of the P-shot requires rehabilitation of the penis over the following 2 months. This involves using a penile pump that will be supplied at your visit. We will teach you how to use it. Think of the pump as exercise for you penis. It is common to treat muscle injuries with Physical Therapy. Think of using the pump as Physical Therapy for the penis. The benefit being that you do it in the comfort of your own home.
How much does the P-shot cost?
The P-Shot is not covered by insurance, and costs $1900 per treatment
Does anyone need more than one shot?
Yes, a diagnosis of Peyronie’s disease warrants 3 treatments and regular use of the penile pump to straighten the shaft of the penis. Other patients who are not in perfect health, may not get the full benefit in one treatment session.
What else can I do to improve the benefit of the P-Shot?
- Healthy nutrition with a diet low in manufactured carbohydrates (ie: food that is processed at a factory and comes in a box or bag).
- Bio-identical hormones, including testosterone and DHEA are very beneficial for men’s health as they age.
- Supplements can be beneficial in terms of healing. Fish Oil, Multivitamin with minerals.
- Daily intake of ½ your body weight in water is great if you do not have heart disease or issues where you need to avoid too much fluid.
- Exercise daily. 20 minutes of vigorous exercise is recommended, however a day where you walk a lot (to go grocery shopping or to do errands) can be extremely valuable
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation can be beneficial.
- Shockwave treatment, which Dr Stebbing now offers, has also been showing an additive benefit with PRP.
Other Treatments You Might Be Interested In…
Dr. Stebbing offers many non-surgical treatment options. Here are some treatments you might be interested in: