About Dr Jennifer Stebbing DO
Dr. Jennifer Stebbing treats pain and injury by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the musculoskeletal system and creating a personalized plan to promote healing, increase function and decrease pain, allowing the full return to sport and life.
- Integrity– We pursue open, honest relationships, working to establish trust to ensure the best possible outcome for patients.
- Passion– We thoroughly believe that nutrition and exercise are the foundations of health and wellness. We encourage patients to take ownership of their health, and support them through the changes we recommend.
- Resourcefulness– We think outside the box, gathering comprehensive information, thoughtfully problem-solving, and actively incorporating new ideas and strategies, all with the aim of optimal results.
Dr Jennifer Stebbing
Dr Jennifer Stebbing is Board Certified in both Family Practice and Sports Medicine. While she has practiced Family Medicine extensively, her passion is for Sports Medicine, treating athletes and non-athletes alike. Dr Stebbing uses her hands for both diagnosis and treatment, embracing the fine art of osteopathic manipulation that was the foundation of her medical training. Her treatment philosophy stems from her osteopathic roots, to care for the body as an integrated system to treat the entire person rather than single areas/organ systems.
Dr Stebbing’s additional Board Certification in Hospice & Palliative Care provides for a patient-centered approach, encouraging the interchange of ideas and ample time for dialog. She believes that our bodies have the innate ability to heal, and is open to communication between all members of the treatment team (massage, physical therapy, primary care and other subspecialists, nutritionist, acupuncturist, chiropractors, coaches, etc.) to encourage healing physically, emotionally and spiritually. Although surgery may be an option, her treatment is geared toward non-surgical healing.
Dr Stebbing has participated in the care of athletes at the Portsmouth Criterium, USA Boxing Events, Boston Marathon, Marine Corp Marathon, Philadelphia Triathlon, Bay State Games, and NJ Special Olympics.
Dr Stebbing is an avid cyclist. She has participated in long distance rides throughout the US and ridden portions of the race course at the Tour de France and Giro d’Italia. As a spectator, she traveled to the Olympics in Salt Lake City, Greece and Australia. Her other athletic pursuits include lacrosse, skiing, swimming, field hockey, softball and soccer. She is familiar with the injuries that occur while participating in the full range of sports, and can relate to both the psychological and physical aspects of recovery from injury. As she ages, she fully understands the frustration and limitation that long standing injuries have.
Her personal interest in the role of food in defining one’s health has lead her to follow an Ayurvedic philosophy. She regularly educates herself through webinars and articles from (https://lifespa.com). She lives the life she proposes to patients, regularly exercising, eating healthily, and reducing stress.
Dr Jennifer Stebbing consults on patients in Camas, WA close to Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR
- Alley Medical Center: Berwick, PA – 1998-2001
- Owensville Primary Care: Owensville, MD – 2001
- Alton Family Practice: Alton, NH – 2002
- Families First – Medical Director: Portsmouth, NH – 2002-2005
- SeaCoast Hospice: Exeter, NH – 2005-2007
- Rockingham VNA & Hospice: Exeter, NH – 2008, 2009
- Palliative Care Service: Exeter Hospital, Exeter, NH – 2010-2011
- UNH Health Services: Durham, NH – 2007-2010
- Coastal Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine: Portsmouth, NH – 2006- 2018
- Dr. Jennifer Stebbing DO: Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine: Camas, WA – 2018-Present
- BS: Guilford College – 1990
- DO: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – 1995
- Internship: Presbyterian/St Luke HealthOne: Denver, CO – 1995-1996
- Residency: Aurora Presbyterian Family Practice: Denver, CO – 1996-1998
- Fellowship: Union Hospital Sports Medicine: Union, NJ – 2005-2006
Post Graduate Education
Dr Stebbing love of learning and genuine desire to help her patients, drives her to seek new options for treatment. She regularly attends conferences that continue to enhance and update her interest in Regenerative Orthopedics, a subspecialty within her Sports Medicine degree. She has professional relationships with physician colleagues across the US, whom she consults with for more difficult cases. The use of Prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma, and Bone Marrow Stem Cells using Ultrasound Guidance to treat muscle, tendon injury and joint arthritis are the foundation behind her goal of treating pain. She received training thru:
- American Academy of Orthopedic Medicine (http://www.aaomed.org)
- MSKUS (http://mskus.com)
- Hackett Hemwell Patterson Foundation (https://hhpfoundation.org)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (https://www.aium.org)
- Fascia Research Conference (http://fasciacongress.org/2015-congress/)
- Dr Neal Rouzier bio-identical hormones courses (https://worldlinkmedical.com)
- Her background as a Family Practioner, delivering babies and attending to women’s health combined with her knowledge of PRP, has prompted learning how to treat the taboo topics of men and women’s sexual dysfunction